Have a vehicle build or question, post here!
By c10long
I picked up my first 4runner a few months ago. It needed some love to make it road worthy again. Now, it's ready to have a SAS done. Right now, i'm in the process of collecting all the parts. After doing a lot of "research" on a lot of forums and sites, i still don't know which direction to go in. The question is, what does really work? I already have a set of D44's out of a late 70's wagoneer with 4:10's and lockers front and rear. The rear has the disc conversion already done on it. What springs for the front do you recommend using? I was thinking of doing RUF and chevy 63's in the rear. I will be sticking to the current tires which are 32's for now until they wear down. Any input would be appreciated!
By NITE_KRAWLERS
Good looking runner dude! Don't go with the Chevy 63" cause that is just ugly an out of hand! I use to have ford explorer springs 54" an they worked really good an did not look ridiculous ;D I have 4 link in the rear now which would be sweet for ya but I know on the runner you are gonna have to move fuel tank an its a lot of work to build an move . I don't know your budget or time frame but a good set up simple leaf spring works really well! In my front I have waggy springs an that's wat I'm still running till summer. Gonna be selling my yota axles soon! 8-) looks like your set up with the 44's other than u are gonna want to change gear ratio .
By NITE_KRAWLERS
Also depends on what you are planning on doing with the runner! Some mild wheeling an hunting rig or full on rock bashing [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
By NITE_KRAWLERS
Here's a pic of the front flex with waggy an my old rear set up with 37" tires! Man it used to be so peeerrttyyy. [smiley=happy.gif]Worked awesome for years but I just wanted more an more an now I'm like I need a buggy ;D

By c10long
Nice rig! I guess i'll start looking for some waggy springs. A simple leaf setup is all i'm looking for. The plan is to get the front done first, then do the rear. I plan on regearing also. Not sure if i want 4:88's or 5:38's. I don't have much of a time line. this is my DD for now. As far as a budget goes, it'll be a low budget build ;D My goal is just to have something reliable and fun to take out on the weekends without going broke.
By NITE_KRAWLERS
Gotcha dude! Then go with a simple yet good set up in the leaf world !  Also I would go 5:38 for sure! It will be geared low enough for ya to wheel an the extra gearing helps out for mob n around unless u got a V8 in that thing [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] those D 44's are gonna be a bit heavier to so 5:38 would help push em.

Oh an ya Thanx but my rig looks nothing like those pics now! I want your 4 runner for hunting ;D
By Stevsie
Nice score!! I would either find a lift spring and go spring under in the rear or inboard them. Only reason i said go SU was because i kinda wanna try it haha.

I would work on a parts collection and armor it in the mean time. That thing is to nice to beat on yet haha
By NITE_KRAWLERS
You could get a lift spring but that's more money an personally I don't think they flex the best! My truck has no lifted springs an I run 37" tire fine! Just depends on how u build it! Spring under is just gonna hang up on more stuff. I'm pretty much flat belly but a few bolts an a cross tube on the skid plate an guess wat I always get hung up on. I need to redo that soon. I would inboard em not a bad idea! I really need to score a runner
By NITE_KRAWLERS
Nice score!! I would either find a lift spring and go spring under in the rear or inboard them. Only reason i said go SU was because i kinda wanna try it haha.

I would work on a parts collection and armor it in the mean time. That thing is to nice to beat on yet haha

It is pretty nice for sure dude but he is only showing us the chick side man.....ha h a ;D but we know how long they stay nice so get to wheeling ;)
By c10long
Come to to think of it, i don't have any of the drivers side.... When i got the truck, the front fenders were very rusty, so i just chopped and rolled them. The back fenders were done also. Since i had a speaker missin in the rear, i could see the pavement while i drove. So i did some welding and i found out that herculiner can make crappy body work look ok from a distance. [smiley=grin.gif] There wasn't a rear bumper when i got it, so i used an old satellite dish post 3"x.25". To clear the reciever hitch, i had to notch and plate the center section. The cb antennea in the pic is just for a mock up. It has been replaced with 106" 1/4 wave whip. As for going inboard with the springs, i've been researching it and it seems that the gas tank needs to be moved. Looks very functional though. The junk yards want $150 for a set of springs. I came across some yj front springs that a buddy of mine has. I might use those in the front now.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]