Have a vehicle build or question, post here!
By stormrunner
did you drill out the power steering pump. I have to get a new pump for mine too after two years of hydro steer, that old pump has seen better days
By c10long
I never did drill out the pump. I think it just gave up after a trip around the block. The steering feels the same with the engine off. Yesterday i ordered the TG 1450PSI pump and bracket. It should be in by mid next week.
By c10long
The pump and bracket came in the other day. Trail gear sent out the wrong hardware for the bracket. So, i picked up the correct bolt and got everything mounted up. Now the gear box is leaking from the top cover. I used rtv to seal it up but that isn't holding. Two small spots start leaking under a load. Should i put a gasket on it or use something different than rtv?
By axleater
Been a long time since i have had a toyota box apart. Isn't there a big square o-ring on that top cap? If not then rtv should do it.

Are you using ATF or Power Steering fluid? Toyota boxes and pumps hate power steering fluid.
By c10long
I'm using regular power steering fluid. TG recommends royal purple synthetic. ATF is suppose to void the warranty on the pump. There wasn't any gaskets on either cover that comes off. Maybe use the grey rtv next time?
By c10long
There was an o-ring that must have gotten pinched while I assembled the steering box back together. I replaced that and used some rtv "right stuff" and sealed everything back up. I'm not real impressed by the pump bracket that TG sent out but it's holding up. The steering works great but sometimes after driving for a bit, it seems as though the power steering is not there. It does come back though. So, i'll continue to bleed it out. Should be finally ready for this weekend.
By c10long
After some trouble shooting and talking with TG, they drop shipped me a new pump since the one i had was defective. Also, i swapped out the steering box due to some shennanigans that happened due to my error. I still need to bleed it out a little more but it actually feels like i have power steering now! I've never driven a truck with hydro assist before. Is it normal for it to feel a little stiff? it's consistant lock to lock.

I'm picking up some extra doors tonight. Next project will be half doors.
By axleater
should turn super easy, like the best power steering you have ever experienced.
By c10long
I think I have a functional steering system finally. It works great and consistent off road.
Frame reinforcements are in the works now. The front Shock tower ripped off part of the frame. I'm going to plate it with some 3/16. Also it will have some gussets to prevent further carnage.
By axleater
make sure your shocks are not bottoming out or topping out. Doesn't take much of a mount to just keep a shock attached unless it is in the wrong place.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]