Have a vehicle build or question, post here!
By adamK1500
Annnnnddddd not having shocks  [smiley=evil.gif]

It'll have shocks soon! and with some luck and some axleater sorcery i will no longer have death wobble! I want to be rolling by mid may
By axleater
careful about using the words rolling and toyota in the same sentence.

[smiley=beer.gif]
By adamK1500
maybe if i clarify that i want to be rolling on all four wheels?

Parts should be here pretty soon, so i will be doing at least one type of rolling! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
By adamK1500
I got some parts in the mail and i'm wondering if there is a good way to make sure the hole i drill in my frame for the new steering box are square. I don't want to have to drill way oversized holes to fix crooked holes...
By axleater
you will have to sleeve it and weld it anyway so having a little wiggle room won't hurt.
By missouriman
I got some parts in the mail and i'm wondering if there is a good way to make sure the hole i drill in my frame for the new steering box are square. I don't want to have to drill way oversized holes to fix crooked holes...

Clamp everything up, center punch your holes, drill small hole first.
use a square to help you get them straight.
By adamK1500
I got something done today! but i hit another slight road block.. the holes are in place and i got the plates on the frame then i noticed the inside plate does not sit flush on the frame.
I assume that this is what the spacers are for, but i dont want to weld it and find out it wont work.
I can't find great instructions on how to do this so i hope i'm not asking stupid questions.

At this point my steps are:
1) weld the spacers in place flush with the outside of the frame.
2) weld on the outside 1/4" plate.
3) Bolt everything together and don't weld the inside plate?
4) put everything else together.
5) break stuff ;D

If anyone has pictures of the process that'd be awsome!
By adamK1500
That's pretty much the answer I was looking for!
The sleeves fit through the outside plate which is 1/4 thick.
so just to clarify, the sleeves will stick out of the frame 1/4 on the outside and the left over will stick out the inside of the frame rails.
The outside plate will be welded to the frame and the inside plate will just but up against the sleeves with no welding.
Then weld around sleeves on the inside of the frame and done!

sorry if you have to read that a few times lol i think it makes sense.

also if i just tack up the plate with my 110V flux core will it make it to a friends house to finish weld it?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]