Have a vehicle build or question, post here!
By Weasel
So you wheel long enough and you get to a point. Maybe like a tipping point in which thing take a somewhat of a sharp turn in another direction.

Well I decided to be proactive and skip all that tipping point stuff and just get on with the inevitabile. :lol:

This started 5/27/14 to date:

Started as a rocker replacement, the rockers were peeling out of the body where they were welded and really bent.

So I started cutting, cutting and fitting of the 2x6 tube.

moved the door hinge up

testing the new rocker in

Fit pretty well, bummer that the sheetmetal is bent but I'm not spending time to straighten it.

Driver side tacked in

Passenger side before and after. Driver side took a couple days but the passenger side was done in a Saturday afternoon.

Image[/QUOTE]

Than I pulled the side glass out and Monday I took it over to Twisted with the plans of doing some tube work on reinforcing the broken a pillars and running sliders on the roof.

By Weasel
After some discussion plans changed.

Some quick discussion about back halfing the jeep and than deciding that sheetmetal is just sheetmetal and doesn't have much structure to it and the isn't much point in trying to weld dented sheetmetal to any kind of tube.

So the entire roof is coming off. The windshield was prefect and I wanted to see if I could get it out without breaking it for Axleater. So that's why the front half is still there.

So we are starting on tube tomorrow. Will be using 2" tube. Roof will be dropped atleast 2" and raked with an aluminum roof skin. It will have a truggy look, not sure exactly what I will be doing with the b pillars, might try a double b skinned to look like the stock pillar.
By Weasel
The rear end is shortened to the gas tank skid and dove-tailed a few inches to the spring hangers.

And I ended up cutting off all of the rear half that I spend last week welding in. :laugh2: Eh that's the way it goes.

The back end of the jeep trimmed out:

short as I can get it with the shackle boxes.

Better pic of the dovetail, just rough cut now:

welded in some pieces to tie the two sheetmetal halves together.

the new end cap and plug holes drilled. This is what the cage is going to tie to in the back.

and plug welded on

tacked to the floor:

the rest of the roof off

Working on the front a pillars and cross brace, triming around sheetmetal sucks balls.

I blame it on the 35's.
By Weasel
Today's work:

I'm undecided on the 2 rear tubes. If they should be both vertical, the front one vertical and the rear one kicked back or both kicked back. Hopefully should be a bit clearer on the direction once the upper half is tacked on. Hard to judge tube placement with nothing but air around the tube.

The drivers tubes are tacked vertical and the passenger tubes has the rear most one slightly kicked back and the other one vertical.

Also still kicking around the idea of a double b pillar by the seat to give the shape of the stock b pillar, skinned with sheet steel.

driver's side upper still need quite a bit of fitment grinding, but the profile is there:

passenger side profile:

Front view:

I realize the door bar is more of a personal thing, but I like the height. Several of the buggies at the shop have a similar height door bar proportional I and like it.

Probably going to skip the hinged door bar. The issue with the tube doors on the previous body was the lack of a place to grab and step. There will be no lack on this model.

Also going to skip the double B pillars, it just is too much tube in the area and I didn't realize this but most of the B pillars are looks only, no real support below them. With the upper we tried difference C pillar placements and found a new location that should look pretty good.

C pillars are in.. Or B and a 1/2 pillars. And some tape for a visual of the remainder tubes.

And taking my time getting things how I like them for what the Jeep is. The second time around will be one of the tube cars sitting in the background. ;)
By Weasel
well progress has been slowed. I took a mini vacation, than get sick on Monday and managed a few hours after work. But the areas that are being worked are slow and tedious is notching, fitting, grinding, repeat.

Cross brace behind the seats:

Upper roof/dash bar rolled tube with a bend on each end:

dash bar is next, and it's going to suck balls. We got it rolled but looks like it will need to small bends on each end and some body notching and it's going to take awhile to fit. That is tomorrow night's project.

The dash bar is in, huge thanks to the Jason and Nate at Twisted for their help. The dash bar was a pia and I screwed it up but Jason helped fix it so it fits somewhat decently.

I got the spreader bars in today and Nate got the upper spreader bar done but it's not in the picture.

Going to be working on getting the X in the back next I think.
By rats
Saw this in progress a couple weeks ago. It looks sooooooo Coooool.
And you got a rare snapshot of Brad working in the background in a Sasquatch pose.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]