Outside of it flurrying snow off and on today, it wasn't to bad of a day. Sure wish my garage was about 5' taller with a 12' door. Since I'm waiting on parts to finish the rear cab. I decided to start on the rear suspension. Changed the rear to a DIY4X reverse shackle and got rid of the 6" lift-52" long springs for some new old stock 2" lift- 56" long springs that I bought from Jeepurz for a reasonable price.
The old springs are still in good shape but definitely need new bushings.
I'm not sure how everyone else cuts off rivets but the easiest way I've found is to take a cutoff wheel and chop a cross into the rivet, take my awesome MAC air chisel and cut the heads off with a flat end and then pop them thru the frame with a pointed end. The whole process only takes me a couple minutes. 1-2 minutes to cut the crosses, 1 minute to chisel them off and pop them thru the frame. I've done it with a torch before but I'm really not a fan of a fiery hot rivet flying thru the air when I pop them thru the frame.
When you're working outside and don't own a car lift, this is the safest-Unsafe way to lift the rear end up high enough to take the rear suspension out, LOL
DIY4X really makes this process easy. they made the hanger brackets offset so that all the guesswork is already done for you. If I wanted to stay with 52" springs I would've just had to flip the hanger around to the other side of the frame.
The difference in length and lack of arch is gonna really help the ride I think.
The Kit came with the bolts, nuts welded on plates for the inside of the frame, shackles and bushings.
This also ended up stretching the rear axle back 1" to give the K5 a 107" Wheelbase. And basically re-centered the rear end with the fender well.