So cut a couple inches off the output shaft and the TH350 shaft. The TH350 shaft butts up against a shoulder on the shaft for a positive stop.
Drilled and tapped for a 7/16NF bolt.
So you can see the space inside with both yoke and shaft assembled.
I made this spacer to take up the space and the shoulder of the spacer rests against the yoke. Also turned in a countersink for the Nordlock and bolt to sit into. Probably didn't need to do that step but why not.
Backside, I cleaned it up and removed the burrs:
and fits perfectly
all done with 1 of them
Still have to split the case on the DD and install the new shaft and will probably have to come up with some sort of seal as I think the 231 in the XJ has a goofy rear shaft housing. The 242 has a shorter rear housing and won't require any mucking about with sealing the bearing. I left about 1.5 of splines on the TC shaft and cut about 2.125/2.5" off the TH350 part.