talk about general wheeling tech(i.e wheels, axles,tires also for tech articals )
By pineappletuna
I wouldn't worry to much about stock gears with 35s and a 2.5 w/ auto but the high pinion will allow for more droop and will keep the driveline up away from the rocks
By axleater
you do gain a little bit with the janz kit but if you do something spectacular enough to break a pinion on a stock dana 44 then chances are you will also break the jk stuff.

if you want to be really cool I know a guy that can put dana 50 gears in high pinion dana 44 housings. :-o

once again probably not worth it for a 4cyl jeep with 35" tires.

The janz kit is neat and if you don't mind spending a few hundred more dollars to put in gears then go for it!

I kind of suck a driving so high pinion for me really saves on rear driveshaft replacement costs
By axleater
good luck on that wagoneer dana 44 rear that is centered up. that is one tough little fella to find. Scout rears are easy to find but a little bit skinny and the wrong bolt pattern.
By Rick
I just want something that will hold up to a bit of skinny pedal, granted not alot with 4 squirrels, but I may do a V8 swap later on. My biggest thing is full width or chop it down to Wagoneer width, 62-63"s wide?
By axleater
Nothing cheap holds up to peeling out when trying to rockcrawl! Spidertrax is always a good uption for that!
By Rick
Just going to keep the 4 squirrels for now. Swap trans and a few other parts and have fun.
By axleater
Excellent idea!
By Weasel
axleater wrote:you do gain a little bit with the janz kit but if you do something spectacular enough to break a pinion on a stock dana 44 then chances are you will also break the jk stuff.

if you want to be really cool I know a guy that can put dana 50 gears in high pinion dana 44 housings. :-o

once again probably not worth it for a 4cyl jeep with 35" tires.

The janz kit is neat and if you don't mind spending a few hundred more dollars to put in gears then go for it!

I kind of suck a driving so high pinion for me really saves on rear driveshaft replacement costs
The JK pinion is bigger then a D50.
By axleater
but the dana 50 is high pinion making it stronger in the front and cooler in the rear! Plus, historically speaking, most people haven't had a problem with breaking pinion shafts and the ring gear is actually slightly larger.

JK stuff is still kind of neat, but not as neat as a 44/50/60 MaXle.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]